St.John's is part of the Scottish Episcopal Church (SEC), which is an independent province of the world wide Anglican Communion. In the diocese of St.Andrews, Dunkeld and Dunblane.
The earliest recording of an Episcopal presence in Alloa has been found in local records, of having an incumbent in 1609. The church contains the tombstone, from the old parish churchyard, dedicated to John Alexander, Bishop of Dunkeld and Presbyter of St. John's from 1724 until his death in 1776.
Over the years the nature of the town and the congregation have changed. A good number of the present congregation have lived most of their lives in the area, while others are from further afield. Our main worship is the SEC 1982 Eucharist, with our own expression, in mostly contemporary music. We are a very welcoming and lively, all inclusive church:
'Growing in God's love and sharing it' with others.
Visit us on Facebook: St John's Church Alloa